Sneaks informed you that Houndaer has blackmailed a wealthy merchant into letting him use the basement of the merchant's mansion as a hideout. You quietly enter the basement through a window and begin your search.
- Houndaer takes security seriously, include twice as many traps as usual in this deck.
You find Houndaer in the main quest room. You have two choices:
- You can attempt to reduce him to 1/3 health or helpless and then perform an intimidate check. You gain 3 evidence when looking for Verenkilar.
- You can bribe him with a successful diplomacy check and gold before the fight starts. You gain 4 evidence when looking for Verenkilar.
If you defeat Houndaer in battle you get his weapons and a roll on the treasure table. If you bribed Houndaer you get no rewards.
If you kill Houndaer you get no additional evidence and only the loot on his body.
- If you escaped alive, Continue on to Hunt Down Verenkilar.
- If you were defeated, you're dead. Sorry.